Marconi International’s Intensive English program offers a fast, enjoyable and effective way to improve English language skills at an intermediate level (B1/B2). Students have the opportunity to develop specific business language skills, aiming to improve grammar and vocabulary.
The course allows students to quickly achieve English fluency and develop their professional language abilities, improving their opportunities in future academic and professional endeavors.
The duration of the course is 2 weeks.
Access to this course requires a basic knowledge of English.
At the end of the program, students acquire the following academic and professional language skills:
- learning grammar and vocabulary necessary in every day language
- understanding and speaking English in different situations
- reading a variety of texts about topics of social, political and cultural relevance
- formulating written and oral texts
- expressing opinions and holding conversations at an intermediate level
At the end of the course, the student will be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance and 3 US quarter credits
- Fall Semester: August 26 – September 6, 2019
- Spring Semester: December 11 – December 20, 2019
- Summer Semester: April 27 – May 8, 2020
|Monday||10am – 1pm|
|Tuesday||10am – 1pm|
|Wednesday||10am – 1pm|
|Thursday||10am – 1pm|
|Friday||10am – 1pm|
During the afternoon the students will work on assignments, project works and group activities.
Costs and financial benefits
Total cost of the course: $ 600.00
Total cost of the course for MIU students: $ 250.00
The above cost includes:
- 3 hour-lessons per day with mother tongue teachers
- Laboratory activities like project works, simulations and role playing
- Learning material
All other expenses are not included in the cost of the course (accommodation, transportation etc)
Regarding the accommodation in Miami, the University supports students by giving them suggestions about hotels and B&B.
For more information about how to enroll, interested students can contact the secretary of the course email@example.com
Regarding the accommodation in Miami, the University supports students by giving them suggestions about hotels and B&B that more suit their needs.
Close by the University, in the Downtown and South Beach area, there are many accommodation options, ranging from hotels, B&B, apartments etc.
As far as flights are concerned, there are no conventions with the University in place, however there are great deals with low cost flights. The companies that offer these solutions are generally the following: Air Alitalia, Air Berlin, Air France, Air Europa, Iberia.